There is something about this delicious pineapple pork bowl that makes me feel like I am feasting on a beach in a Hawaiian tropical paradise! The pork works swimmingly (get it… island, beach, swimming?) with the sweet pineapple chunks and honey soy sauce. The brown rice with the grilled to perfection vegetables are icing on the cake. The ingredients collide to create nothing short of a bursting beach party for your tastebuds.
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 slices 1/4 inch thick grilled fresh pineapple
- 1/3 cup chopped grilled red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced grilled red onion
- 1/2 cup grilled sliced zucchini
- 3 ounces grilled pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- To grill the veggies where called for above, toss lightly in olive oil and grill for 2-3 minutes per side, then cut into cubes
- Top cooked brown rice with pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, zucchini and grilled pork
- Honey soy sauce: In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, honey, canola oil and crushed red pepper. Stir well with a whisk. Drizzle over bowl and enjoy!